Buyer – Junior
The Junior Buyer role is the owner of a specific Product Offer, as such must have a good understanding of the customer, and the product category overall market. A good knowledge of negotiation skills is essential to obtain the best possible cost prices, and supplier terms to enable us to…Read more
Buyer – Junior
The Junior Buyer role is the owner of a specific Product Offer, as such must have a good understanding of the customer, and the product category overall market. A good knowledge of negotiation skills is essential to obtain the best possible cost prices, and supplier terms to enable us to offer the best prices to the customer.
The Junior Buyer must operate within the agreed Merchandisers Range Framework to keep the range width and depth appropriate, with a balanced attribute product listing.
The Junior Buyer is accountable for setting up items with the appropriate level of data, to enable customers to identify the right product, and to allow accurate range analysis.
The junior buyer must also support the Buyer, merchandiser and buying assistant on wider category responsibilities.
Key Job Accountabilities:
• Cost price negotiations
• Supplier Terms / Deals negotiations
• On Boarding new Suppliers, Brands and Products
• Exiting poor selling / non-profitable Suppliers, Brands and Products
• Managing supplier relationships
• New product / Brand trialling
• Communicating relevant details to the wider business (Marketing / International)
• Accurate product and supplier data
• Maintaining product ranges within the range plan parameters
• 6 months + experience of Buying within a similar retailer, or interest in moving into buying within a fast-paced online retailer.
• Good levels of product knowledge and passion for sports and understanding customers.
• Experience of introducing new Brands or Products that prove successful
• Approaches tasks with a clear end goal.
• Builds rewarding and valuable relationships.
• Has the courage and willingness to make decisions.
• Looks beyond the obvious to find creative solutions.
• Ready to throw themselves in and give it their all.
• Committed to great teams and working with others.
• Sees projects through to the end and remains accountable for their ideas.
• Takes pride in everything we do.
• Passionate about every aspect of their role uses it to make a difference.
• Ready to try new ideas and ways of working.
• Learns from their mistakes and shares their learning with others
37.5 hours per week (2-3 days in office remainder home working at present)
Salary: £24000.00 - £26000.00 Per Annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Date: 2nd November 2021
Simply enter your email below and we’ll email you any new Commercial jobs
Commercial Recruitment Consultant
Email: Click here
Phone: 023 9232 4666