Communications Advisor Part Time
24 hours per week
£12.50 : 14.50 per hour
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced communications professional to join our clients HR team. We are looking for a resourceful and enthusiastic `people` person, with exceptional written and creative flair, to create, promote and share information that articulates and promotes our client and helps connect their employees with the vision, culture and values of our Company.
Dependent upon skills and experience, we envisage this role will require a commitment of around 24 hours per week, but this is flexible and would be discussed further with suitable applicants.
Communications Advisor Duties to include:
- Work with internal managers to create and share content that communicates our vision and values, informs, educates and engages our colleagues.
- Create, edit and proof-read content from different sources to ensure a consistent tone of voice and unified message across a variety of communication channels.
- Create and manage information tools such as the Company Newsletter, posters, visual displays, presentations and videos.
- Help develop and deliver communications on key projects, as well as continuously evaluating and reporting on the impact and effectiveness of communication channels.
- Oversee the maintenance of our profile on the Company website.
- Plan and monitor social media activity and be a first point of contact for media enquiries.
- Play an active role in ensuring data protection information is communicated effectively and act as a first point of contact regarding any GDPR compliance issues.
- Be a trusted advisor for senior management, anticipating issues and sharing advice, best practice and insight; following current events within the industry and suggesting new ideas.
- Provide communications expertise for the company`s business continuity strategies.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Educated to degree level (English or PR preferred, however not essential).
- Strong organisational skills; able to work independently, prioritising workloads and managing conflicting deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills that enable effective and engaging content. for presentations and documents, ensuring they resonate with colleagues.
- Excellent copywriting and proof-reading skills and the ability to apply the content across multiple platforms.
- Previous experience of overseeing and updating written content of websites.
- High attention to detail, taking a pride in your work.
- A keen eye for a good story and the ability to tell it in the most compelling way.
- Ability to convey technical or complex information simply, effectively and creatively.
- Photography skills would be useful, with the ability to use production software such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to demonstrate an innovative and problem-solving approach to issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of editing, artwork and design.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Flexibility to support business needs e.g. willingness to travel, attend occasional events and available in the event of situations that require immediate communications input.