International e-Commerce Manager
The International e-Commerce Manager is responsible for developing and managing the online offering in overseas markets. Whilst primarily focusing on the US, this role will lead online expansion in other territories. Working with the rest of the business across IT, distribution, product, finance, creative and marketing, you will…
International e-Commerce Manager
The International e-Commerce Manager is responsible for developing and managing the online offering in overseas markets. Whilst primarily focusing on the US, this role will lead online expansion in other territories. Working with the rest of the business across IT, distribution, product, finance, creative and marketing, you will develop a strong customer proposition that will translate into a trading calendar that you will execute. Attention should be paid to finding and implementing third parties that will help facilitate international expansion at pace. Working alongside the UK e-Commerce team, you will champion international e-Commerce within the business.
You will need to be highly organised and have excellent influencing skills, with the ability to work with and manage departments to ensure that all requirements are delivered on time for us to achieve ambitious deadlines and growth targets.
As a self-starter, you will have the drive and ambition to develop an innovative growth plan, which you will not be afraid to execute. The nature of the role means that you should use available resource within the wider e-Commerce team as well as being hands-on and implement some of the strategies yourself.
A deep understanding of online acquisition strategies and will develop and lead the execution of the online marketing plan to grow brand awareness internationally and drive pre-qualified traffic.
- Be the in-house international e-Commerce expert.
- Develop the international online proposition, focusing on product, marketing and service.
- Develop and implement an ecommerce strategy for the overseas markets.
- Drive international ecommerce sales growth and profitability.
- Appoint and work closely with third parties where relevant.
- Apply strategic thinking to develop a strong plan and have the relevant know-how to execute it.
- Regular reporting and KPI performance monitoring.
- Manage content production and SEO improvements to increase our natural search traffic.
- Develop international online marketing strategy to include PPC, Affiliate, SEO, Display, Email and Retargeting strategy.
- Create effective customer acquisition and retention programmes
- Oversee day to day running of the international websites as well as implementing strategic projects.
- Conduct A/B testing and experimentation.
- Keep up to date on e-commerce trends and new techniques.
- Provide expertise / support other departments in digital initiatives.
- Work with the Digital Analyst to optimise the customer journey through constant review of product classification and site ordering.
- Work with teams to set out and implement a clear merchandising strategy with measurable objectives and deliverables.
- Own and manage the annual trade and marketing plan.
- Work with the Web Ops, Creative, Marketing and DBMS teams to understand key focuses and ensure high level of traffic pages are presented in the best way.
- Work with the e-Commerce Programme Manager to define the requirements for all new international websites.
- Build strong relationships with the rest of the business and partners, and influence decisions to ensure the best commercial outcome.
- Use multiple content management systems to update and upload content to the site.
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing team to ensure all email communications are supported on site.
- Constantly review competitor websites and other websites to ensure we are up to date.
- Identify areas of opportunity online suggesting ways to improve our digital performance.
- Work on Ecommerce projects with the Ecommerce Project Team and wider department to deliver new platforms, sites and technology.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor`s degree preferred : preferably in a marketing discipline.
- Extensive experience in online / e-commerce, including at least 5 years of experience in a similar e-commerce role.
- Proven experience in the implementation of online initiatives for international markets.
- Experience in the retail sector
- Proven track record in launching, managing and growing e-commerce sites.
- Understanding of and experience of managing online marketing channels.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills and ability to work in a diverse setting.
- Outstanding analytical skills, including a track record in increasing conversion rate.
- Creativity / innovative thinking to drive accelerated growth of the business.
- Passion for achieving results.
- Experience of online merchandising across different categories.
- Strong creative approach combined with a clear commercial focus.
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise ensuring deadlines are met.
- Strong people management experience.
- Passion, determination and energy.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience of using Content Management Systems and web analytics, and reporting on trading performance.
- Working knowledge in MS Office, including competency in Microsoft Excel.
- Highly commercial and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, whilst being flexible enough to adapt to changes in circumstance.