Technical Project Manager
Do you want to work for a global company that produces internationally renowned lifesaving devices?
Our client`s team members are passionate, driven and up for a challenge, and the company in turn, is committed to further developing our company culture, building on our founding values and traditions.
If you are someone who demonstrates passion, curiosity, a drive for excellence and an ambition to make a difference, then we`d love to hear from you!
The Technical Project Manager role includes the following responsibilities:
- Project management of multi-disciplinary teams that include Marketing, Systems, Electronics, Firmware/Software, Mechanical, Validation, Product Approvals and Production Engineering.
- Managing technically complex, safety critical developments to meet the conflicting requirements of high performance, high reliability and low cost.
- Managing of multiple projects in parallel across more than one site with budgets in excess of £1M and team sizes up to 10 people.
- Managing in a matrix organisation where resource availability is negotiated with Functional Management across competing needs.
- Creation and ownership of project charters to ensure projects are fully scoped and aligned with company strategies, all stakeholders identified and relationships built, constraints defined and success criteria agreed.
- Creation on project plans for all deliverables with subsequent tracking and reporting of schedule and cost. To include resource, materials, tooling, approvals, production assembly and test equipment.
- Identification and monitoring of project risk (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing of mitigation and/or contingent actions.
- Chairing of team meetings, pro-active management of project actions and communication of status and decisions to the relevant stakeholders.
- Chairing of projects through stage gates with Senior Management
- Continual tracking of project progress against project objectives using KPIs and escalation to management with recommendations if project objectives can no longer be met within agreed constraints.
- Continual identification of Lessons Learnt as input into on-going project and product management process improvements.
- An active engagement in own and colleague`s professional development.
A successful candidate must, as a minimum, be able demonstrate the following:
- A qualification in an engineering or project management discipline.
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams to develop and release electronics hardware products into production.
- A working knowledge of Project Management principles and tools, including the Waterfall development model.
- A working knowledge of project planning; estimating, scheduling, cost/benefits analysis etc.
- A working knowledge of risk/opportunity management.
- A self-starter with a proven ability to take the lead, build trust and manage independently without close supervision, seeing things through to completion.
- Experience in dealing with people; coaching, mentoring, negotiating & persuading to achieve your goals.
- A problem-solver with a working knowledge of problem solving techniques who loves finding creative solutions.
- A quick learner who can communicate complex situations in a simple way.
- Eligibility to work in the UK without need for a work visa.
It would be an advantage also to be able to demonstrate any of the following:
- A Project Management qualification such as PRINCE2, APM or PMI.
- Experience of managing embedded firmware/software developments (including Agile techniques).
- Experience of managing mechanical developments.
- Experience of working with high volume manufacturing.
- Experience of managing remote development teams.
- Experience of managing 3rd party sub-contracts.
- Experience of systems design and requirements management.
- Experience of product approvals.
- Experience of the Fire Safety industry.
Employee Bonus Scheme, Company Pension & Life Assurance, Flexi-time, Training & Professional Development, Healthcare Incentives, Share Incentive Scheme, Free Car Parking, Childcare Vouchers, 25 Days Annual Leave