Workshop Recruitment have a rare exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to join a big client of ours based in Portsmouth. They are a well-respected manufacturer who supply into the Defence, Aerospace and Energy markets.
The main purpose of the Project Engineer will be the focus for all engineering activities on a project, working with the Project Engineering Manager to ensure the technical content of the project is delivered successfully against the customer requirements.
- Provide information to the project manager, enabling accurate project planning, including providing detail of work packages, break down of tasks and estimates of the scale of the work required to complete the project
- Lead the design and development activities relating to the project. Providing technical guidance to the engineering resources assigned, including managing the flow of information from technical specialists undertaking work related to the project
- Create and maintain specifications, project BOMs and other documentation required to deliver the technical content of the project.
- Provide technical support for the Project Manager in customer communications.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure that activities undertaken align with the customer requirements and project deliverables.
- Provide technical support for procurement, production and quality throughout the project lifecycle to ensure timely response to action items
- Support the Project Manager, Project Engineering Manager or Programme Manager for New Business creating proposals
- Undertake testing and commissioning of equipment
- Ensure processes and procedures relating to the project activities are followed, including ensuring design reviews are held, FMEAs are conducted and appropriate test plans are in place.
- May be required to travel overseas for this role.
- HND or Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical Engineering or related subject
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, self-motivated and able to work well under own initiative
- Able to build long-term successful client partnerships, both internally and externally
- Able to negotiate and influence others
- Decision-making / problem solving skills
- Strong presentation skills, confident speaker and professionally presented
- Candidates must have passed UK security clearance to Security Check level or be able to obtain this level. This normally requires 5 years residence in the UK.
- £29,500 - £35,000 (depending on experience)
- Paid overtime
- 25 days Holiday + 8 bank holidays + 10 additional Fridays off a year (company pick days)
- Annual salary reviews
- Annual Bonus / Service award after 3 years starting at 0.5% and increases yearly
- Life assurance- 3 times annual salary