Manufacturing and Process Engineer Lead
Our client is currently recruiting for a Manufacturing and Process Engineer Lead within the Engineering department to join an experienced and committed team, where as a team they manufacture around a fifth of the company`s sales output.
They would love for you to come and join the family, where the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Industrial Engineering team and Process Team in introducing new products and transfers into the plant on a timely basis, in accordance with cost, efficiency and quality objectives. By doing so you will be helping them continue their exciting journey of innovation, change and transformation.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the Execution and Integration of Right First Time (RFT) New Product Launches, Driving World-Class Quality, Margin, and Speed to Market.
- Work with the plant management to identify new process improvement opportunities in the areas of quality, cost, performance, and preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Evaluate and analyse current process metrics and performance to identify areas requiring improvements.
- Develop process improvement initiatives to increase operational efficiency and productivity.
- Represent the plant IE & process function within the global structure, driving optimisation and Continuous Improvement through innovation identification and sharing, category benchmarking and global best practice implementation.
- Carry out Site Value Analysis : ongoing strategic evaluation of the existing product portfolio with the objective of optimising profitability through product modification, supply base management / alignment, and Supply Chain Methods improvement.
- Provide supervision, mentoring, leadership and guidance to the Industrial Engineers.
- Demonstrate talent management capabilities through ongoing support, development, and actively working to maximise the personal and professional potential of direct reports and work associates.
- Coordinate RFT activities across the functions (NPP, QA, QE, Operations) ensuring world class execution and integration of new product innovation and launches, delivering KPI performance per corporate objectives and continuous improvement.
- Independently generate efficiency improvements and cost saving initiatives, develops realization strategies, and demonstrates the ability to deliver results.
- Represent Industrial Engineering on capital / innovation projects ensuring robust execution capability is established and technology supports trends within the category.
- Manage all functions of the IE department including labour standard creation and review, value analysis/engineering and pre- / post- launch reporting.
- Assist in approval of new equipment and new/resourced componentry which meets the established criteria set by Manufacturing and Marketing.
Characteristics a successful candidate will have:
- Experience in cosmetic manufacture and packaging, within a management role.
- Strong technical expertise with ability to manage a high functioning team
- Ability to lead and motivate a team in a high pressured, dynamic, time-bound environment
- Six Sigma experience an advantage
- Excellent negotiation skills, with the ability to present concepts and initiatives to senior management teams
- Ability to focus priorities, delegate workload and manage performance within the team
- High level of computer literacy, specifically familiar with SAP and MS Office packages : SAP (ECC) experience an advantage.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- Role is predominantly office based, with close interaction with all aspects of the operational areas.
- High level of analytical skill : ability to analyse both practical and theoretical problems
If you enjoy working in an environment where you can make a difference, and work within a unique culture, we would love to hear from you.