Our client in the Waterlooville area is looking to recruit a Health and Safety Engineer.
- The management of the company’s Health & Safety Requirements in line with relevant and future legislative criterion.
- Proactive Management of the Engineering Change Process.
- Ensuring all parts that leave the assembly, 2nd ops area have been inspected and conform to our first off/last off and product release criteria.
- In House Calibration
To ensure resources are utilised in a safe and efficient manner to achieve full compliance with current and future legislation. Direct management of across site practices to maximise consistency in day to day practices. Implementing agreed procedures to maintain and improve the company’s H&S standards.
To produce parts and assemblies in accordance with written and verbal instructions in a timely manner and to required standards.
Undertake and use correct resources and procedures to ensure day to day QC Patrol requirements are completed.
- To ensure safe working practices and adequate systems and procedures are fully adopted and that employees, managers, Directors and Board members are fully advised and trained in their respective obligations in terms of Health and Safety across all sites.
- To promote a positive Health and Safety culture throughout the organisation.
- Quality Patrol duties, including Goods receipt inspections, 1st off/last off monitoring and product release
- Maintenance of product Job Packs
- Maintenance of In House calibration requirements.
- Perform scheduled internal audits of both the QMS and EMS.
- Regular review of open ECN’s and subsequent activities required to facilitate a complete and timely closure.
- To audit the company’s’ responsibilities under the H&S at Work Act, and ensure compliance is achieved.
- To advise and maintain the Health & Safety Committee, ensuring it is structured appropriately to ensure compliance with best practice health and safety management.
- Update and maintain the H&S Training matrix for all colleagues, including external web site to ensure the provision of appropriate health and safety training to colleagues across the business. Including but not limited to Fire Marshalls, First Aid, Manual Handling, Working at heights, and DSE.
- To oversee and manage any lone worker systems and requirements.
- To ensure that all notifiable accidents and incidents are notified to the HSE in the appropriate manner and in compliance with RIDDOR regulations. To thoroughly investigate any such accidents/incidents.
- Manage the investigation and administration of all personal injury and third party liability insurance claims.
- Take all reasonable and practicably care for own safety and the safety of colleagues who may be affected by performance duties and comply with all rules on health and safety communicated by the company.
- Ensure all relevant registers are maintained, e.g. COSHH, Asbestos etc.
- Develop and maintain effective relationship with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Investigate and respond within agreed timescales to any H&S issues and concerns.
- Advocate safe working practices and procedures, maintaining and sustaining compliance.
- Work with Human Resources in regards to training and/or people management issues
- Maintain good working practices to achieve exemplary levels of housekeeping
- Work within the company’s QMS and Environmental procedures
- Maintain good 6s practices
- Previous experience in health and safety within a manufacturing environment
- Minimum ISOH Managing Safely Qualification but Nebosh qualification preferred
- 20 days plus bank holidays on joining, these then increase over 5 years to 26 days.
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Early finish on Fridays
- Dress down Friday
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme applicable 3 months after joining
- Company paid events
- Health Assured Employee Assistance Helpline
- Free on-site parking
- Life assurance scheme (eligibility upon completion of 12-months service)
- Subsidized café van which offers a selection of drinks (coffees, hot chocolates etc.) and deli-style food both hot and cold