SALES OFFICE MANAGER
Salary £30,000 - £35,000
Our client based in Fareham is looking for a Sales Office Manager who will be responsible for the Sales & Service Centre Administrators & Team Leaders. An ideal candidate would have worked within construction, plant hire, aggregates or waste industries.
The role is to…
- Lead, mentor, train and manage the sales and service centre staff to create a professional, modern, reliable, well-trained and well-motivated team.
- Be totally responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the sales and service centre by delivering exceptional customer service, improving call handling quality, increasing sales, and improving upon the whole customer experience.
- Fully understand and review the current operational systems, make recommendations, and once approved implement change.
Key tasks will be….
- Overall responsibility for the sales and service centre operation in delivering exceptional customer service and enhancing as well as improving upon the customer experience.
- Leadership and management of all employees within the sales and service centre, including recruitment, retention, training, motivation, performance management, disciplinary, and termination.
- ISYS/Weighsoft software - overall understanding and responsibility for the main software use, ensuring staff are fully trained so that they become proficient in its correct and full use.
- Liaise with the Transport & Plant Manager/Assistant Transport Manager and work very closely with the traffic office team.
- Review service levels and introduce new initiatives to enhance and improve the customer experience, driving forward continuous improvement to achieve excellent customer service, including improving customer communication.
- Ensure standards are continually met and understood by your members of staff through training (including induction training) and developing them through coaching, mentoring and one-to-one reviews.
- Manage the telephony system and order confirmations delivered by email/SMS.
- Review and improve the order taking process, ie the flow, data capture, implementation of paperless order process, up-selling, etc.
- Undertake regular customer service evaluation.
- Utilise and analyse management information effectively to enhance performance and efficiencies within the team by reviewing statistical information (costings) and implementing and delivering performance related changes, as and when required, in liaison with the Managing Director and Finance Director, and the rest of the senior management team.
- Lead or assist in achieving and maintaining a quality system accreditation for the Sales & Service Centre.
- Deal with customer complaints and visit customers, where required.
- Build upon and maintain client relationships.
- Oversee the organisation of rotas for holiday/sickness cover and Saturday working for your staff.
- Authorise annual leave requests.
Normal Working Hours:
8.00 am : 5.30 pm Monday to Friday with a half an hour unpaid lunch break. You will be required to work the hours necessary for the proper performance of your role.