Our client based just outside Portsmouth are looking for a Service Manager to join a very successful company.
The ideal candidate with have a sound back ground in a service-based industry and some solid technical knowledge on mechanical & electrical components would be advantageous, preferably in HVAC & air filtration.
Responsibilities will Include:
- Ensuring the smooth & efficient running of the service department including supporting the team of field engineers within our client`s company.
- The organising of quarterly service meetings & six-month individual appraisal/performance meeting.
- Ensure the service loading & routes are optimised each week.
- Ensure that the test equipment is routinely serviced & available for use when required.
- Identifying new & improved test equipment to keep them modern & to the latest specifications.
- Ensure that the service engineers have a set of full documentation & standard spare parts in order for them to complete their tasks. Including having a set of electrical/mechanical & any special tooling.
- On installations liaise with all department to ensure a smooth process & ensure that any special requirements or tooling are shipped to site or are on the service Engineers vans. Arrange meetings with service teams prior to installs & complex service jobs.
- Ensure Engineers have a complete set of SOP`s in a file with copies of their test equipment calibration certificates.
- Produce method statements/risk assessments on standard products when required.
- Coordinate with engineering & production to produce method statements/risk assessments & manuals on special products.
- Ensure cabinets are dispatched by courier in time to meet install deadlines both home & abroad.
- Take calls from engineers about specific problems/requests.
- Keep service training matrix up to date & identify training where necessary.
- Coordinate the packing & shipping of equipment for installations & spare parts : Responsible on a global scale.
- Maintain current service agreements & help grow new service revenue.
- Quality Control Responsibilities will include: Liaising with Quality Manager in Compliance & implementing quality control improvements by coaching & motivating shop floor & service staff to implementation of best practice.
- Develop sales of Carbon filters direct online website with our Marketing Manager.
- Some purchasing duties will be required & Quality control experience would be handy.
If you feel this is the right role for you, feel free to call for more information.