Our client is a world class manufacturer of cutting edge electronic safety devices and systems, they are looking to recruit a Rework Technician.
To enhance factory floor quality by product fault finding, analysing product yield data, and confirming build processes from the organisation’s assembly lines.
- Investigation, repair, or disposal and data collection of assemblies that have failed quality requirements.
- Assisting the Process and Quality teams in ad-hoc investigations and targeted improvements.
- Control and management of WIP.
- Documented procedures must be followed in all instances, with transactions being processed with clarity and accuracy. Opportunities for improvement and/or process changes will be embarked upon in a manner consistent with company protocol and in line with departmental and holistic business requirements.’
- To be fully aware of yield trends gathered from SPC charts and to highlight anomalies and probable causes to supervision.
- To feedback issues arising and offer advice, support and solutions where appropriate.
- To report events in a clear and concise manner, verbal or written, to interested parties when circumstances dictate.
- To be aware of levels of defective product and take proactive measures to communicate, reduce and repair when appropriate and thus maintain rework at agreed WIP levels.
- To be a team player and champion continuous improvement activities.
- To attend all Technical Sales product training
- Produce weekly rework results with the ability to analyse results using known quality tools and present reports highlighting top issues for improvement and detailing actions being taken.
- Lead improvement projects within the factory to reduce warranty and rework. Understand and present cost and efficiency improvements and benefits.
- Support various departments to achieve customer satisfaction and company goals and be a key player in process, yield and quality improvements.
- Assist in the introduction of new products/processes into the factory.
- Participate in site visits when deemed appropriate by line management.
- Exhibit the company values and fully support the organisation’s strategic initiatives.
- Utilise the automated reporting tools to analyse and improve product and process performance.
- To achieve BTEC/ Level 4 or equivalent qualification in electronic engineering.
- Ensure that where gaps in knowledge exist that appropriate training is identified and undertaken.
- Must stay up to date with the latest rework techniques and appropriate analysis tools to assist in improvement activities.
- Identify areas, equipment, processes and procedures within the business for continuous improvement, make recommendations and work on improvement projects.
- Desirably working towards a BTEC / ONC (or equivalent) qualification in Electronics or the desire to professionally progress and gain these qualifications.
- Production experience in a similar role.
- Ability to read and interpret electronic diagrams to perform failure analysis.
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact with other team members in a professional manner.
- Self-motivated with the ability to use initiative and organise own workload.
- Desirable - IPC A-610 certification (J-STD001, A-610 and 7711)