Salary dependent on Experience plus excellent company benefits
This role will have multiple responsibilities across this global manufacturing organisation. You will act as the company’s quality champion working with internal teams and customer to drive quality performance and enhance the customer experience. You will drive the Health and Safety across the site ensuring the well-being for all employees and visitors on site and maintaining systems such that regulatory requirements are met. In addition, you will maintain all environmental systems and promote creative ways to reduce the company’s impact on the environment both globally and locally. You will lead a small team, but influencing many departments to drive change to achieve targets for customers and business goals.
Our client offers a fantastic working environment, a very competitive salary with benefits including flexitime, half day finish Friday, 25 days holiday, company bonus, healthcare, contributory pension, free parking, subsidised canteen facilities, continuing professional development plus others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for the development and deployment of the quality strategy, constructively challenge the status quo. You want to drive change with a quality mindset, adapting what we do now for future successes.
- Act as quality champion, leading a cultural change program across the organization.
- Work with technical & commercial team to determine customer expectations of products and services and drive improvements in quality performance to enhance customer experience
- Implement CTQ - FMEA - Control Plan links and deployment of day to day plant operations
- Proactively influence and guide the design team to design out potential quality issues and engage all areas of business to eliminate process failures and set up and maintain robust controls and documentation procedures
- Manage customer quality concerns liaising with relevant departments to ensure customer concerns are investigated in a timely manner, implement containment / preventive actions as well as drive product/process improvement
- Maintain Quality Management System to ISO standard
- Review current quality processes and implement new process improvements
- Define the processes, policies & strategies, establish standards, develop check lists etc. that need to be used and followed in order to support the quality Policy
- Promote and report to Top management on the QMS
- Ensure that the internal audit process is robust, adhered to and supported by the rest of the organization. Record non-conformance incidents, manage investigation, improvement activities and close out process by chasing NCR owners.
- Use data to understand current status, identify gaps to expected quality, introduce changes, measure the effect of those changes
- Obtain organization-wide buy-in to use problem-solving tools (such as 8D, Fishbone, 5Whys) in order to improve root cause analysis
- Monitor product and process performance by establishing relevant metrics and gathering data. Analyse data using SPC / Six Sigma methods in order to identify trends. Use DOE methodology to determine key factors and implement actions for process and quality improvement.
Health & Safety and Well-being
- Ensure all employees and visitors are safe when on site and on company business
- Maintain quality systems such that company and regulatory requirements are met
- Lead team of safety representatives to complete all required risk assessments on site and ensure buy-in from all levels of the organization
- Devise, supervise, and coordinate training programs or media which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote HSE behaviour and leadership
- Create and promote well-being campaigns through the organization to promote understanding and care for physical and mental health issues
- Lead and educate on any additional measures needed due to Covid-19
- Ensure effective measurement, collection and reporting of QHSE leading and lagging indicators; and issue monthly/quarterly reports. Analyse and trend for continuous improvement.
- Present relevant information to the Operations Management team and Board including what progress has been made on your projects
- Maintain environmental systems to ISO14001 standard
- Promote environmental awareness throughout the company including product design, Sourcing & Logistics, Resource consumption, Waste streams, Product end of life
- Lead projects to find creative ways to reduce impact on the global and local environment
Skills and Knowledge
- Expert knowledge of quality, health and safety and environmental initiatives ideally within a manufacturing environment
- NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified and COSHH Trained.
- Knowledge of formulating, implementing and revising HS&E policies and procedures.
- Have good all-round knowledge of UK legislative system, including the ability to read and interpret Regulations, Approved Codes of Practice and Guidance notes.
- Have a sound understanding of the principles of risk assessment techniques and how they are to be applied in this environment.
- Have a sound understanding of the HSE's 'Managing for health and safety' system and the process of implementation.
- Self-motivated and possess the ability to work with minimum supervision. Willingly takes the lead in new initiatives and get involved.
- Able to present clearly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrating strong computing skills – MS Office suite, ERP, Power BI
- Strong leadership skills – developing and directing own team as well as influencing the larger organization.
- Loves data - creating, analysing and identifying when change is required
- Ability to build strong internal cross-functional relationships and develop strategic external partnerships
- An energetic person with the professional background and experience required to make tough decisions in a timely and calm, professional manner
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple assignments, delivering high quality work in the right way