Do you want to work for a global company that produces internationally renowned lifesaving devices?
Our client, they have been designing and manufacturing products that save lives for over 40 years. They seek talented and motivated individuals who want a rewarding and challenging career within an internationally renowned fire detection company. In return for that dedication, they offer a working culture that recognises the benefits of a successful work/life balance and personal development plans tailored to your needs. Their team members are passionate, driven and up for a challenge, in turn, is committed to further developing our company culture, building on our founding values and traditions.
To lead the production team to achieve maximum productivity and output without compromising health, safety, environmental, quality, cost and delivery performance.
Maintain the current OTDIF process to ensure we meet 98% OTDIF across all products in the area of influence whilst maintaining health, safety, environmental, quality and cost performance. Develop and support team to ensure that they meet performance expectations.
EzLM - Approval of holiday absence requests and management of exceptions within set deadlines Responsible for conducting return to work interviews.
Responsible for conducting scrap authority to a maximum value of £50.
Confirmation of the sign-off of produced product.
- Maintain health, safety and environmental standards in accordance with procedures and processes, ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations by all team members.
- To comply with the requirements stipulated in the Company Mission Statement and Code of Conduct at all times.
- Monitor and evaluate production performance along with build level requirements, whilst identifying opportunities for improvement across multiple product ranges.
- Monitor product build quality and yield levels to identify improvement opportunities, training requirements, basic technical first line support and to escalate where required.
- Collection of accurate production data and reporting in the format required on a timely basis.
- To communicate issues, present information and report results in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- To identify and/or implement opportunities for process improvements, productivity improvements, breakdown and lost time reduction, implementing improvements where possible and/or reporting suggestions to higher management.
- Ensuring all quality documentation is maintained and controlled to the latest revision levels.
- To achieve and exceed the required 5S controls on production lines and processes and to actively participate in 5S audits and improvement projects as required.
- Identify abnormalities, monitor adherence to processes and procedures through regular audit checks, correcting deviations as required in line with the health and safety, quality and environmental management systems, escalating to Production Management in a timely manner where issues cannot be resolved by the Production Leader.
- To schedule the workload for multiple product ranges in line with business requirements along with allocating the necessary resources to ensure production targets are achieved.
- Advise production management, supply chain and sales as required, of resource shortages (i.e. people, materials or equipment) if negatively impacting direct sales orders.
- To manage holiday, sickness and other types of absence in line with company policies and processes.
- To advise HR of staff absences on a daily basis and complete all sickness administration on an employee’s return to work before operators return to the cell.
- To develop the production team by maintaining regular performance reviews with all direct reports.
- To manage first line dispute and conflict resolution and recognition of the need for assistance when required.
- To actively drive improvements in Employee Survey results by developing and implementing team action plans and communicating progress regularly to the production team members.
- To be an advocate for Continuous Improvement Activities, actively participating in team or business improvement projects. Support team-oriented activities and demonstrate collaborative team interaction.
- Deputising for other Production Leaders during periods of absence.
- Exceptional, experienced, capable, enthusiastic and someone who takes initiative and ownership. Organised, with strong time management skills and able to work under pressure.
- A team player with high levels of integrity, confidence and resilience.
- Keen on developing existing skills as well as learning new ones.
- A highly motivated self-starter and completer/finisher who can work under pressure but who will not compromise on quality and deliverables.
- An individual who feels comfortable in making decisions.
- Someone who shares and lives our values.
- Ability to create, analyse and present data as information.
- Seeks feedback on own performance to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identifies team members with potential for further career advancement, supporting individual’s development plans through the talent management program.