Our client based in the Fareham area requires an experienced Mouldshop Setter.
To carry out day to day production tool changes and production trouble shooting in line with the requirements of the Mouldshop Production Plan. To achieve standard cycle times, optimum processing parameters and all quality requirements both dimensional and cosmetic. Ensure all SOP’s are adhered to and documentation completed. All to be achieved whilst maintaining and safe and compliant environment.
- Complete the daily machine safety checks on each shift using the relevant check sheet.
- Carry out the day to day production tool changes ensuring all setting parameters are within the limits defined on the master set. Ensure correct setting are loaded into machine.
- To ensure correct procedures are followed during the machine start-up/ shut down process. Ensure Health, Safety is followed at all times.
- To submit samples to Mouldshop Quality office for 1st off approval at the start of every batch run – Monthly KanBan 1st offs to be submitted as per schedule.
- Liaise with the Toolroom and Maintenance Departments in the correct manner to report all concerns.
- Liaising with Mouldshop Production Planner and Mouldshop or Assembly supervision. Set up jobs needed to fulfil production programs and KanBan requirements.
- Put all tools away into correct storage point, relevant pre-heat station Mouldshop store or the Toolroom as appropriate.
- Amend all incorrect date clocks in accordance with Mouldshop procedures.
- Carry out troubleshooting on any moulding, quality or processing concerns.
- Participate in improvement activities.
- Maintain standard cycle times.
- Promptly carry out the necessary action required on all machine breakdowns.
- Maintain all Health, Safety and Welfare standards and ensure that all colleagues adhere to these standards at all times.
- Ensure that you comply and adopt the CANDO programme regarding the organisation of your work environment.
- To maintain/improve quality standards.
- To carry out a thorough shift handover.
- Conform at all times to laid down injection moulding and quality procedures.
- Set up jigs, benches, robots, conveyors and any other associated equipment in line with manufactures instructions in accordance with Health, Safety and Welfare measures.
- Ensure all down time, setters scrap and try-out scrap/material usage is recorded on the production monitoring system at all times.
- To answer machine alarms immediately in order that the machine may be re-started.
- Comply with the Health & Safety Policy and observe all the safety rules to ensure your personal safety and the safety of others
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Mouldshop Scrap
- Quality – 1st off approval rate
- Mould changeover times
- Mould tool breakdowns
PTL at NVQ level (or equivalent)