Manufacturing Team Leader
Our client based in the Eastleigh area requires a Manufacturing Team Leader.
Monday – Friday 2pm – 10pm
They provide the highest quality products in their field by:
- Working tirelessly with their Customers, Partners and Colleagues to keep everyone Safe, every day.
- Sustainably deliver 'better air for the built environment' by improving air quality and building operation.
- Use their Expertise, and our wide range of Product & Services offer to provide a truly tailored customer driven solution. Deliver as much or as little our customer wants, being a seamless extension of their team.
- Develop leading technical solutions to meet specific Sector needs, helping their customers meet their obligations and drivers, being right next to them to close any of their gaps.
- Make 'Bespoke' synonymous with quality, competitive pricing, and fast lead times, so standardisation has no advantage.
Purpose of Role:
Ability to motivate a team, demonstrating correct behaviors and discipline, working to strict safety and quality requirements, to support the effective co-ordination, planning and productivity of the Manufacturing schedules to achieve daily production requirements throughout assembly to meet customer expectations, optimising efficiency and maintaining operational excellence. To contribute towards the Manufacturing Strategy of “On time in full, at Best Quality, Lowest Total Cost, Shortest Lead Time and High Morale; through optimising production flow by eliminating any waste.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Always ensures compliance with Health & Safety Regulations, liaising with your peers and colleagues where risks are identified, ensure relevant risk assessments are in place where necessary and regularly reviewed, using toolbox talks to communicate with teams. Reducing risks by creating better, safer working conditions, breading a culture that Safety Starts With Me
- Supports and carry out daily 1-2-1 staff meetings ensuring all staff are clear on daily objectives, performance and priorities.
- Support the management team in the day-to-day coordination and management of warehouse activities
- Support production operatives with any quality concerns they might have or with technical advice throughout the manufacturing process
- Ensure all products meet our quality standards and strive to achieve first time pass rate. To achieve this, this will include point inspections within manufacturing builds
- To provide training of other colleagues on various processes as and where necessary, e.g. posting route hours etc.
- Support the completion of actions on receipt of change note requests.
- Ensure accurate communication with all relevant departments on any factors which will impact on delivery and quality to our clients.
- Monitor workflow to identify kit when ready for next process / chase up relevant areas for completion of said process.
- Liaise with relevant departments regarding the daily and advance Dispatch schedules to ensure efficient and effective Dispatch of goods from our premises.
- Operating within a manufacturing environment, constructing our product, whilst conforming to our standard operating procedures and policies.
- Assist in solving issues that arise within the environment during build of products
- To review the air handling drawing prior to constructing, ensuring all required materials and casework is present to meet the agreed build plan unless otherwise agreed.
- Ensure data base is kept up to date with all relevant data – see and follow work center management procedure.
- All Production areas kept tidy and organized, ensuring operatives keep their bays and surrounding areas clear and tidy. All tools are locked away and kept well maintained.
- Ensure DOR/ rework is processed efficiently and communicated to relevant departments on progress where required – escalate to line manager if delay will impact manufacturing plans
- To be flexible with overtime where needed to support the team in meeting manufacturing schedules
Education and Training
- Proven experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of quality associated processes
- Knowledge of BSI 9001
- Company Procedures
- Health & Safety
Skills and Behaviors
- Recognise practical implications outside your immediate remit to enable the team to succeed
- Familiar with factory safety procedures and guidelines
- Ability to work across multiple areas of the assembly process
- Demonstrates the ability to use power tools safety and effectively
- Works efficiently and manages time effectively
- Ability to work standing, walking around and lifting items (up to 25kg) throughout the day
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions and work to standards and clear procedures and guidelines to achieve a given outcome
- Understands the value in effective communication
- Working at height
- Standing for prolonged periods
- Out-of-hours working (Including weekends) available at an overtime rate
- Lone working
- Driving license
- Manual Handling