HR Operations Manager
3 days office based, 2 days from home
Full Time – Permanent
With once-a-week travel to the flagship office in Canterbury, this role will work within the central HR team supporting the HR Director and regional HR Business Partners, Head of L&D to create seamless experiences across the People journey. This will include but not be limited to on and offboarding, compliance, contract and vendor management, benefits, policies, toolkit creation, and systems management. You’ll lead a team of HR Advisors, ensuring scalable foundations are built, to enable the People managers and employees to thrive in their roles.
- Line management and support the career development of the HR Advisor
- As Centre of Expertise (COE’s), You will manage, review and optimise local people processes across the People journey in line with the firm’s processes, ensuring they’re seamless and compliant with legislation controls.
- You’ll lead a team of HR Advisors to guide them on how to best organise and manage the HR Inbox, the first point of contact for people queries including data administration, HRIS, and HR reporting requirements as needed.
- You’ll partner with the outsourced Payroll team to ensure payroll deadlines are met and payroll data is accurately captured for the monthly pay run.
- You’ll work with the HR Partner team to understand what data insights they need to make informed decisions and share regular reports in a user-friendly format, to report on key data and help analyse local trends
- You’ll drive a culture of self-service by creating toolkits for key local processes, training the business and People managers, and supporting business communication in conjunction with the internal communication manager.
- You’ll oversee vendor and invoice management and optimisation
- You’ll take ownership of UK People data and ensure data integrity by cleansing and regularly auditing data in our systems and trackers.
- Support right to work and Visa application as required and in conjunction with the talent acquisition team.
- Work with L&D and HRBP’s to provide effective people manager training with regular review.
- Management of the benefits provider contract
Skills and Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of UK employment law, Payroll processes, UK immigration processes, and HR compliance.
- Complex employee relations and investigations
- An experienced manager within a People Operations function, ideally having led or set function up.
- Customer centric approach, with a focus on the end user of processes, tools and people experiences.
- Business facing experience and are passionate about a seamless People journey HR systems (Workday) expertise and a strong focus on the accuracy of data
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, advanced Excel skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and you have a growth mindset, continuously striving for creative ways to approach situations and challenge the status quo
- People management experience, ability to lead, develop and motivate a team
- Meticulous attention to detail and a relentless focus on process optimisation and data accuracy