Occupational Health Advisor
Full Time : 37 hours per week
Our client currently seeks an experienced Occupational Health Advisor to further support the development and maintenance of our clients` current health and wellbeing programs, ensuring a healthy and active work force. You will also ensure the business is up to date and compliant with all statutory health surveillance requirements, whilst delivering a first-class service to all customers. The Occupational Health Advisor will be responsible for day to day running of the department in accordance with SLA`s and KPI`s.
- Maintain and develop own competencies as required by The Nursing and Midwifery Council in order to identify and implement a contemporaneous proactive Occupational Health and Wellbeing service.
- Take ownership of initiatives and act as a leader for change by developing key relationships.
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures and Policies are written and reviewed taking into account current best practice, legislation and our clients local requirements.
- Working in conjunction with Human Resources, provide input into the management of the company absence and attendance policy giving advice and providing coaching to managers and employees to ensure targets are met and employees are dealt with consistently and fairly.
- Provide support to HR in the management of long-term absence by liaising with and referring employees to the Company insurance providers as required.
- Deliver a case management service by assessing employees referred by HR or managers in order to provide advice on fitness to work.
- Support individuals` return to work through the development of suitable rehabilitation programmes utilising all resources available such as physiotherapy and counselling services.
- Support managers with Return to Work Interviews as required and provide advice relating to physical or mental health conditions that may impact upon attendance.
- At employment stage, assess candidate health declarations, carry out further assessments as indicated and provide advice to management on any adjustments or restrictions that may be required.
- Working with EHS and managers, carry out health surveillance identified by risk assessment.
- Carry out any statutory or best practice screenings identified by the Company in order to maintain compliance with UK legislation
- Carry out risk assessments as required, such as workstation assessments for staff with ergonomic problems, pregnancy risk assessments in support of managers, risk assessments and workplace risk assessments for employees undergoing rehabilitation.
- Manage the Company Drug and Alcohol Policy by updating the Policy and Procedures as required in conjunction with the Security Manager. Support Security staff carrying out drug and alcohol testing by providing guidance and assistance as requested.
- Be a source of advice to managers and employees on all issues pertaining to Occupational Health.
- Fully utilise and maintain up-to-date confidential Occupational Health records on a dedicated computerised software system.
- Collate Occupational Health activity and provide management reports quarterly or as requested.
- Maintain the site First Aider list including co-ordinating First Aid training with an external provider in order to ensure sufficient emergency cover for the site in compliance with The First Aid at Work Regulations.
- Provide other training or information sessions to employees or managers as requested.
- Support the management of the Occupational Health budget.
- Order and maintain levels of consumables for the Occupational Health Department including First Aid supplies.
- Participate as a Member of the Plant Environmental Health & Safety Committee.
- Create and implement a Wellbeing strategy across the Plant.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree educated
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong IT Skills
- Previous experience in a similar role