Head of Nursing and Compliance : Band 8 equivalent
I am looking to recruit a Head of Nursing & Compliance for a private mental health hospital that treats children and young people with eating disorders and complex mental health issues. The hospital is based within a 13th century manor house.
The service comprises four separate wards, split over three separate buildings. Each building has its own Multi-Disciplinary Team that caters for young people with different care needs.
37.5 hours per week
£54,619.50 - £61,503 per annum
What is expected:
- Lead and continually improve quality across the hospital, ensuring it is embedded as day-to-day responsibility of all members of staff.
- Working with the Quality and Assurance Team the post-holder will be responsible for leading and advancing clinical practice in the hospital.
- In partnership with the Hospital Director and Ward Managers/Clinical Ward Managers/Charge Nurses/Lead Nurses/ lead on the development and on-going review of ward staffing models and that wards are appropriately staffed.
- Provide specialist advice, guidance and support to the Hospital Director, Ward Managers/Clinical Ward Managers/Charge Nurses/Lead Nurses/, Senior Management Team, and other staff on quality and patient safety issues that affect the hospital, its employees and others using the facilities.
- Provide on-call clinical advice to the team, as required.
- Lead the development of an on-going quality improvement plan that encompasses the Company`s values, quality priorities, and staff and patient views.
- Support the Hospital Director to initiate, develop, implement and evaluate and maintain a comprehensive patient safety/incident management process across the full range of the Hospital`s activities.
- To develop patient and carer relationships, ensuring patients and carers are involved in all aspects of care.
- Work with clinical teams and the patient support services to resolve difficult and complex patient safety issues.
What the candidate requires:
- RMN (Registered Mental Health Nurse) Qualification & active NMC Pin Number
- To have a working knowledge of Mental Health Legislation, the Children`s Act, Mental Capacity Act, Health and Safety, Safeguarding and all other relevant legislation and policies.
- Experience working within a similar type environment