Technical Project Manager
£40 - £45K
We have an exciting new role for an established defence company who design, manufacture and maintain systems for various military platforms. This would suit someone who is keen to join a company that are always looking to new technologies to support their customers.
The primary purpose of the role is the effective delivery of complex equipment with a multi-disciplined team into a highly regulated industry for critical applications. Providing leadership, accountability, direction and prioritisation of resources to deliver to time, cost and quality throughout the full lifecycle from concept phase to final handover.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Co-ordinate the collection and dissemination of technical information between / within the Company and customer
- Leading compliance based assessments for a variety of certification and associated approvals
- Support selection of components to meeting customer defined specifications, leading to creation of procurement specifications
- Participate where required in system reviews, verification and validation activities
- Ensure that robust contractual and project baseline control management is adopted to manage change effectively and deliver an appropriate level of business management reporting.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Demonstrable professional knowledge of working in Project / Programme Management, ideally in a complex highly regulated engineering environment.
- Educated to Degree Level in relevant discipline (Mech/Chem Eng).
- Proven track record of managing projects to Time Cost Quality of values in excess of £5m.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to negotiate and influence others, including building and maintaining effective relationships with multiple stakeholders both internal and external.
- Knowledge of the full project life cycle stage-gate principles of project delivery.
- Working knowledge of risk and opportunity management and lessons learned processes.
- Experience of Microsoft Project and Office suite applications.
- Experience of Project Management methodologies (Prince2, APM PMQ, PMP).
- Previous experience within a design office in a leading role.
- Knowledge of critical aspects (emc, shock etc.) related to the design of equipment for military applications
- Experience of working within the Defence Industry.
- Marine / Shipbuilding / Ship Repair / OEM background highly advantageous.
- Understanding of Matrix Management.
- Previous experience of an ERP/MRP system.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 or a similar QMS.
- Knowledge of UK Health & safety legislation (IOSH).
- Experience within a lean manufacturing environment.
Role travel requirements
- The duties of this appointment relate to the UK but you may be required to travel when required by the Company. It is not envisaged that you shall be required to work outside the UK for more than one month.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK
- Candidates must have passed UK security clearance to Security Check level or be able to obtain this level. This normally requires 5 years residence in the UK.
Full detailed job description available on request.