Technical Project Manager
Do you want to work for a global company that produces internationally renowned lifesaving devices?
Our client`s team members are passionate, driven and up for a challenge, and the company in turn, is committed to further developing our company culture, building on our founding values and traditions.
Our client is creating a new Technical Project Manager role within its Project Management department. The position will focus on delivering multiple smaller scale (<£250k), yet complex, engineering developments across the range of product portfolio. An element of this will be setting up new ways of working based around Agile management techniques. The role will require engagement with all parts of the business from sales and product management through to production and customer support. Engagement with 3rd party vendors and/or customers may also be required. The role will be personally responsible for agreeing strategies tailored to each developments with the wider company and then for driving these developments to completion.
If you are someone who demonstrates passion, curiosity, a drive for excellence and an ambition to make a difference, then we`d love to hear from you!
The Technical Project Manager role includes the following responsibilities:
- Technical management of multi-disciplinary teams that include Marketing, Systems, Electronics, Firmware/Software, Mechanical, Validation, Product Approvals and Production Engineering.
- Managing technically complex, safety critical developments to meet the conflicting requirements of high performance, high reliability and low cost.
- Managing of multiple projects in parallel across more than one site with budgets in excess of £1M and team sizes up to 10 people.
- Managing in a matrix organisation where resource availability is negotiated with Functional Management across competing needs.
- Creation and ownership of project charters to ensure projects are fully scoped and aligned with company strategies, all stakeholders identified and relationships built, constraints defined and success criteria agreed.
- Creation on project plans for all deliverables with subsequent tracking and reporting of schedule and cost. To include resource, materials, tooling, approvals, production assembly and test equipment.
- Identification and monitoring of project risk (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing of mitigation and/or contingent actions.
- Chairing of team meetings, pro-active management of project actions and communication of status and decisions to the relevant stakeholders.
- Chairing of projects through stage gates with Senior Management
- Continual tracking of project progress against project objectives using KPIs and escalation to management with recommendations if project objectives can no longer be met within agreed constraints.
- Continual identification of Lessons Learnt as input into on-going project and product management process improvements.
- An active engagement in own and colleague`s professional development.
A successful candidate must, as a minimum, be able demonstrate the following:
- A qualification in an engineering or project management discipline.
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams to develop and release electronics hardware products into production.
- A working knowledge of Project Management principles and tools, including the Waterfall development model.
- A working knowledge of project planning; estimating, scheduling, cost/benefits analysis etc.
- A working knowledge of risk/opportunity management.
- A self-starter with a proven ability to take the lead, build trust and manage independently without close supervision, seeing things through to completion.
- Experience in dealing with people; coaching, mentoring, negotiating & persuading to achieve your goals.
- A problem-solver with a working knowledge of problem solving techniques who loves finding creative solutions.
- A quick learner who can communicate complex situations in a simple way.
- Eligibility to work in the UK without need for a work visa.
It would be an advantage also to be able to demonstrate any of the following:
- A Project Management qualification such as PRINCE2, APM or PMI.
- Experience of managing embedded firmware/software developments (including Agile techniques).
- Experience of managing mechanical developments.
- Experience of working with high volume manufacturing.
- Experience of managing remote development teams.
- Experience of managing 3rd party sub-contracts.
- Experience of systems design and requirements management.
- Experience of product approvals.
- Experience of the Fire Safety industry.
Employee Bonus Scheme, Company Pension & Life Assurance, Flexi-time, Training & Professional Development, Healthcare Incentives, Share Incentive Scheme, Free Car Parking, Childcare Vouchers, 25 Days Annual Leave