1 Year FTC
Our client based in Portsmouth requires an experienced Software Engineer to work on a 1 year fixed term contract.
Purpose of the role
You will create, maintain, audit and improve systems to meet particular needs. Testing software systems to diagnose and resolve system faults.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Documenting Software code, inclusion of function characteristics
- Writing and testing Ladder Logic programs for operating systems and software to ensure efficiency.
- Developing existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification
- Taking part and leading software reviews
- Identify technical risks to the Project Manager and work on the appropriate strategies for risk management.
- Provide technical support for the Project Manager in customer communications.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure that activities undertaken align with the customer requirements and project deliverables.
- From time to time create project plans for agreed scopes of work
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Degree or equivalent in Software or Electrical Electronic Engineering.
- Experience of writing ladder logic (3 Years Plus)
- Experience of Schneider or Siemens and associated PLC`s (M580) (3 Years Plus)
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Experience of working on projects.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of working within a military / defence environment.
- The ability to work both in a team and alone and to manage your own workload.
- Career motivation and a willingness to continue to further your knowledge and skills
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies quickly
Role travel requirements
- Some travel to other group offices in the UK may occasionally be required.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK
- Candidates must have passed UK security clearance to Security Check level or be able to obtain this level. To gain SC clearance you will normally have had to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years.
- Candidates must be able to obtain a basic security check which will normally require you to have been resident in the UK for at least 3 years.