Production Process Engineer
Our client has a new exciting role for an experienced Production Process Engineer, to work for one of the best manufacturing companies in the Portsmouth area, who pay competitive salaries, excellent benefits and a great working environment.
A Day in the Life:
- You shall form part of the growth strategy, playing a crucial part in the development of the business whereby you will deliver significant change and improvement
- You will be the manufacturing expert helping us to develop and maintain the most efficient processes through the available systems and techniques.
- Optimise the production process flow through the relentless pursuit of efficiency, resulting in higher availability, yield and a reduction in waste.
- You will develop and manage working instructions, world class standards and process documents (SOPs)
- Continually improve the existing operation for increased quality, productivity, efficiency and cost savings.
- You will use manufacturing data to resolve issues, improve processes, and measure process improvement tools.
- You are to identify ways to reduce production costs through recommendations - e.g. new process equipment, equipment justification to improve performance, utilising the approved change control and capital expenditure processes.
- You will work with other relevant departments to determine product manufacturability; estimated production costs; run time and investigate cost reduction.
- Establishing a training and quality culture of continual improvement, you will support the day to day operations of the production leaders within the production area
- Resolve customer concerns and audit findings by effectively
- Promoting the highest Health and Safety standards to ensure a safe working environment.
- Work closely with the supply chain, production and technical team to enable continuous improvement of all quality related KPI`s in line with the company objectives.
- You have experience developing solutions and managing change in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- An excellent communicator, you can translate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- With good influencing skills, you can manage change effectively.
- Exceptional, experienced, capable, enthusiastic and someone who takes ownership.
- Highly organised with strong time management skills and able to work under pressure.
- Energetic and outgoing; a team player with high levels of integrity, confidence and resilience.
- Keen on developing existing skills as well as learning new ones.
- A highly motivated self-starter and completer/finisher who can work under pressure but who will not compromise on quality and deliverables.
- An individual with a strong business acumen, who feels comfortable in making decisions.
- You are effective in technical and organisational troubleshooting to root cause.
- You are adept at managing multiple stakeholders and their competing demands.
- Someone who shares and lives our values.
- Ability to create, analyse and present data as information.
Bonus Points for Experience with:
- Experience in MRP/ERP systems
- Engineering and/or Manufacturing Background
- Lean six sigma experience, green belt or black belt accreditation
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Able to work under time constraints and to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and data accuracy
- Good IT skills
- Flexibility and dependability
- Experience of volume electronics manufacturing using world class philosophies, techniques and principles
Your ideal job if you`re looking for:
- An interesting role where no two days are the same
- The opportunity to work with smart people from many different disciplines
- A vibrant company culture where positive changes are being brought in every day
- A strong management structure where directors listen to their employees
- A positive atmosphere and a team who are committed to supporting one another
...then this might be the job for you
Benefits: Employee Bonus Scheme, Company Pension & Life Assurance, Flexi-time, Training & Professional Development, Healthcare Incentives, Share Incentive Scheme, Free Car Parking, Childcare Vouchers, 25 Days Annual Leave