Process Engineering Manager
Our client based in the Portsmouth area requires an experienced Process Engineering Manager.
A Day in the Life
- You shall form part of the growth strategy, playing a crucial part in the development of the business whereby you will deliver significant change and improvement
- Work with the Head of Manufacturing to help meet our ambitious but achievable growth and profit goals.
- Provide leadership for process improvement and project initiatives.
- Coach/Train/Develop Process Engineers and assist them with identifying and implementing projects applicable to Process improvement (utilizing tools of `Operational Excellence` including but not limited to Six Sigma, Lean, TPM, etc. as the primary drivers of continuous improvement).
- Manage department by delegating projects, setting goals, monitoring, and giving feedback of performance, and using training where applicable.
- Prioritize assignments and allocate resources accordingly.
- Analyse systems and procedures to determine the most effective and efficient methods.
- Collect, analyse, and make recommendations through the use of reports, observations, frequency checks, and time studies to make improvements on existing systems or create new systems.
- Overseeing manufacturing capacity and making proposals necessary to keep up with changes in demand
- Conduct time studies as needed in the various manufacturing areas.
- Responsible for optimizing flow of materials / product thru factory. Assist in layout changes for the shop floor.
- To achieve the strategic plans for the development of manufacturing you will need excellent prioritisation skills, high energy, clear focus, a positive `can do` attitude and be calm under pressure.
- Exceptional, experienced, capable, enthusiastic and someone who takes ownership.
- Highly organised with strong time management skills and able to work under pressure.
- Energetic and outgoing; a team player with high levels of integrity, confidence and resilience.
- Keen on developing existing skills as well as learning new ones.
- A highly motivated self-starter and completer/finisher who can work under pressure but who will not compromise on quality and deliverables.
- An individual with a strong business acumen, who feels comfortable in making decisions
- Someone who shares and lives our values
- Ability to create, analyse and present data as information
Bonus Points for Experience with
- Experience of volume electronics manufacturing using world class philosophies, techniques and principles
- Degree or equivalent in related subject
- Black belt training and/or certification.
- Previous Leadership and manufacturing experience
- Experience of implementing lean techniques
- Proven people management skills in diverse workplace
Your Ideal Job If you`re looking for:
- An interesting role where no two days are the same
- The opportunity to work with smart people from many different disciplines
- A vibrant company culture where positive changes are being brought in every day
- A strong management structure where directors listen to their employees
- A positive atmosphere and a team who are committed to supporting one another
...then this might be the job for you
Employee Bonus Scheme, Company Pension & Life Assurance, Flexi-time, Training & Professional Development, Healthcare Incentives, Share Incentive Scheme, Free Car Parking, Childcare Vouchers, 25 Days Annual Leave