Embedded Software Engineer
For 70 years my client has proudly designed and manufactured cutting edge, stylish, high quality industry leading products. They currently seek an Embedded Software Engineer Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join its talented Group Electronics Design and Development. You will be tasked with the design and development of embedded software for new product development projects and verify and validate embedded software in support of new product development projects.
- Analyse, develop and interpret product requirements in order to develop embedded software requirements.
- Create, develop and, where necessary, implement embedded software.
- Alternatively create, develop and manage the implementation of embedded software by Company suppliers.
- Design and develop comprehensive validation and verification test programmes and ensure requirement-to-test traceability.
- Administer software configuration management (SCM) systems and processes for multiple projects and at multiple sites globally.
- Identify effective and efficient modes(s) for test implementation, prepare script-based automated embedded software testing routines, and create high quality procedures to implement test programmes.
- Implement and test the microcontroller code incorporating best practice continuous integration and design for test principles, and/or manage the development of embedded code produced by Company suppliers
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors or Master`s Degree, applicable Electronics Engineering or Computer Science.
- Completion of accredited apprenticeship or graduate training programme.
- Knowledge and experience in Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Software Configuration Management tools such as GIT and Jenkins.
- Experience in the development of code (C) for Microchip 32 bit microcontrollers
- Experience in the development of WiFi and IOT connectivity.
- Experience in the design, development and integration test of state machines, interrupt driven systems and/or messaging based systems. The use of UML like diagrams to describe, analyse and specify designs, particularly sequence and state diagrams.
- Experience of working with a China supply base is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in the design of electronic circuits.
- Knowledge and experience of real time code development for sensing, display and motor control systems, e.g. General purpose IO, ADCs, DACs, timers, interrupts, PWM, LCD displays, I2C, SPI, memory management, FLASH.
- Knowledge and experience of USB, serial, CAN Bus, and wireless protocols and test methodologies.
- Product development, design for manufacture, production test experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in order to convey ideas and opinions to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Ability to work under high-pressure across multiple projects despite potential conflicts and changing circumstances.
- Programming in C, C++, Java and Python coding languages.
- Solid knowledge of electronics hardware and the fully software development lifecycle for embedded software.
- Willing to travel globally