12 Month FTC
Our client is currently recruiting for a Projects Engineer within the Project Engineering department on a 12-month fixed contract to join an experienced and committed team, where the successful candidate will be responsible for providing project management, expertise and technical support of Plant / Facility-related Capital projects. They will also act as the site lead for those individual projects from conception to completion including all financial, quality and time line controls of the project. By doing so you will be helping them continue their exciting journey of innovation, change and transformation.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Manage Individual Projects up to a value of c.£1,500,000 on an annual basis, whilst having the capability to simultaneously manage numerous projects running in tandem, with a potential total value of over £2,000,000 per annum.
- Manage Capital Projects following best practice and techniques from conception, design, procurement, installation, commissioning and final handover. Application of DQ/IQ/OQ/PQ protocols and procedures ensuring OTC/GMP requirements are met.
- Liaise with equipment end users and affected departments to gather design and function requirements of new layouts for equipment with respect to productivity, safety and ergonomics, for inclusion within the project plan brief and to produce considered and completed User Requirement Specifications.
- Liaise with machine suppliers, Assembly management and planning departments on the design, installation and commissioning of new equipment.
- Supervise support during the successful implementation / introduction of any new equipment into production. With a key focus on ensuring all Health and Safety requirements are adhered to during installation / commissioning works.
- Ensure that all project related work is carried out on time, to budget, is `fit for purpose` and delivers to the highest standard and current best practice. Ensure customer requirements are not only met in full but aim to exceed.
- Work independently on individual projects and part of the Project team on group projects.
- Contribute to the process of selecting and ordering all new major production/process equipment to ensure continuity of standards and that all practical `installation` implications are considered
- Investigate Proposed Projects, identifying and evaluating project cost, impact on the organisation, layout options, possible savings after implementation and any legal requirements which must be adhered to.
- Obtain competitive quotations to complete major engineering works through a formal tendering process. Plan, negotiate and implement schedules of work for all major projects with the effected internal departments and external contractors.
- Prepare Project Plans, including justification for major and minor capital projects for submission for local Senior Management Stakeholder approval and subsequent launch for US approval. Once approved, maintain a computerised schedule of works of all major engineering projects (e.g. MS Project).
- Liaise with IE / ME, Health and Safety, and Departmental Manager on the design of new layouts for equipment with respect to productivity, safety, ergonomics and end user requirements
- Liaise and co-ordinate as necessary with external/internal staff engaged in engineering duties on individual projects.
- Compile and share best practices with the EMEA and Corporate Engineering.
- Lead cross-functional / multi departmental teams in the completion of project works (for example URS requirements, SAT).
- Prepare Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Insurance Documentation.
Characteristics a successful candidate will have:
- Specific Skill Requirements: Leadership incl: coaching, influencing, team building of colleagues that are not direct reports.
- Good project management skills with attention to detail.
- Negotiation skills re: tendering process with external suppliers linked to solid understanding of cost implications.
- Setting priorities and reassessing in response to project changing needs.
- Numeracy skills : constant use of figures and financial data.
- Working Office adjacent to the Assembly floor, which is job holder`s main base : jobholder spends majority of time in Assembly or Compounding areas and is exposed to normal shop floor conditions.
- Ability to work under pressure, with good accuracy and attention to detail
- Willingness to take ownership of role and deliver high performance in area