Building Services Engineer
Our client based in the Petersfield area requires a Building Services Engineer.
- Support technical sales staff in the design of HVAC systems including natural and mechanical ventilation systems, evaporative cooling, air conditioning.
- Carry out calculations to develop the design, for example heat gains, cooling load, pressure drop.
- Produce drawings detailing system design including control schematics.
- Building simulations using for example CFD modelling.
- Understanding of relevant best practice design codes, guidance notes, legislation.
- Participate in Client presentations, design meetings and site visits.
Pre-Order Design (Sales support)
- Produce designs for ventilation solutions in collaboration with sales team to meet client objectives.
- Design of ductwork systems including fan selections.
- Noise calculations to support equipment selection.
- Consideration to be given to, filtration, energy consumptions, season operating modes, control strategies.
- Meet deadlines agreed with Sales and Client and provide regular progress updates.
- Produce drawings, reports, presentations to support design proposal.
- Detailed equipment schedules to suit agreed design.
- Evaluate differing solutions to the problem giving quantitative analysis of effectiveness and running costs.
Post-Order Support (Operations Support)
- Manage the transfer of design from pre to post order.
- Provide technical support to project managers, installers and commissioning engineers for the design elements of the project.
- Review design scope against order to ensure project objectives are being met.
- Prepare Technical Submission.
- Liaise with CAD team to produce design drawings for approval and check before issuing to client.
- Update drawings based on Client, Project Manager, Installer`s feedback.
- Produce Operation and Maintenance manual for installed system.
- Attend project meetings to explain, address and agree technical issues and achieve â€˜design freeze`.
- Produce control schematic for submission to controls team including â€˜cause and effect` description.
Legislation, Standards, Product knowledge
- Keep up to date with relevant British and European / ISO standards applicable to HVAC market.
- Review relevant guidance publications (CIBSE / BSRIA / BRE / HSE etc) and where applicable ensure proposed systems meet them.
- Ensure compliance with legislation for example, ErP, HSE, CE, CPD, etc.
- Implement Colt design approaches with the above in mind.
- Keep up to date with current technical / legislative trends, new products etc.
- Ensure knowledge of products is up to date, including products intended for different markets which may be applicable to climate control applications.
- Advise sales and project teams of impact of these issues on proposed solutions before submitted to client.
- Working in a building services design office or consultancy
- Ductwork design, fan selection, pressure drop calculations (eg grilles / louvre)
- Energy efficient system design
- Product application knowledge
- Track record of successful projects taken from concept to completion
- BEMS / BMS knowledge
- Ability to be able to interpret architectural, mechanical & electrical drawings
- Proficient with current version of AutoCAD
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- BIM experience
- 3D modelling, e.g. mechanical desktop, Revit, Inventor, Solid works or similar
- CFD : ideally Flovent
- Degree in Building Services Engineering
- Masters in Building Services Engineering
- 25 days plus the 8 statutory holidays in England and Wales.
- A Group Personal Pension which has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark PLUS by the National Association of Pension Funds.
- Staff car parking facilities.
- Group are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- A no smoking policy is in operation.
- Approved Cycle to Work scheme.