Salary on application
Mobile covering Midlands and North England
Our client is searching for a HSE advisor to join the company. The role is a mobile based role with working from home, visiting sites and office visits, this role would suit someone with high energy who enjoys being proactive.
To be recognised as a market leader providing and servicing innovative solutions and products for smoke control, ventilation, climate technology and solar shading.
To perform the key areas of the role enabling the Company to achieve its strategies, objectives and targets. Employees will show their commitment to the company by implementing and complying with processes and procedures. Company objectives will be discussed and agreed at Management Review Meetings then cascaded down to all employees during annual PDR appraisals and other regular departmental communications.
You will be an integral part of the QHSE team. Supporting the QHSE Manager in driving safe and consistent processes and practices.
The key responsibilities for the HSE Adviser role will be to:
- Provide support to the Service team in the development and implementation of risk assessments and method statements for key accounts
- Site visits to assist in the planning of works and preparation of site specific risk assessments
- Site inspections to monitor the implementation and effectiveness of risk controls.
- Maintaining complete and accurate QHSE records to the Company standard.
- Attend pre-start and on-going meetings for large projects.
- Respond to engineer’s HSE concerns to ensure high standards of health and safety can be maintained.
- Provide support to the business to help achieve Company objectives.
- Provide support and training to area managers and other team to develop suitable and sufficient risk assessments, as required.
- Promote a positive QHSE culture by leading by example.
- Support the QHSE Manager to monitor implementation and compliance with risk
- Regular site inspections
- Prioritise variable workloads and deliver to agreed timescales.
Policies & Procedures
- Have a sound understanding of current legislation that affects the organisation, i.e. Working at height, Noise etc…
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure RAMS are adequately developed in accordance with safe working practices.
- Prepare and issue site specific risk assessments and method statements for servicing
and repair activities.
- It is the duty of all employees to act within the legal responsibilities imposed upon
them and the company QHSE Policy.
- All employees are to be familiar with the integrated management system processes
and procedures of the Company.
- We are committed to ensuring regulatory compliance for the products and solutions we offer.
- Employees must adhere to processes and procedures that have been implemented to ensure compliance.
- Employees must report any concerns to their line manager or the Technical Director/Compliance Lead.
- HSE qualification i.e. NEBOSH.
- Construction or servicing experience with working at height knowledge.
- Tolerates heights/accessing roof tops
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Knowledge or understanding of current health and safety legislation
- Previous experience in construction or service industry
- Experienced in develop site specific RAMS.
- Previous experience carrying out site inspections/audits
- Previous working at height training and experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong IT and numeracy skills familiar with Word and Excel
- Curiosity and a willingness to challenge organisational culture where necessary.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to understand detailed information.
- Ability to understand risk and communicate it in a professional and understandable manner.
- A self-starter with a considered and thoughtful approach to the working environment.
- An enthusiastic team player.
- Approachable and pro-active.
- Ability to use initiative and make decisions under pressure.
- Active listener
- Good attention to detail
- 25 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays per year
- Personal Pension which has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark PLUS by the National Association of Pension Funds.
- Staff car parking facilities at the Petersfield and Havant sites
- A no smoking policy is in operation.
- Monthly car allowance
- Travel costs covered