Our Client is a global engineering group actively recruiting for a Test Technician, to control, maintain and manage all plant and equipment on site and owned by the company in the supply chain to the highest possible standard of calibration, certification and general upkeep.
- To control all test equipment calibration tasks within the tracking system, ensuring that instrument status and calibration data is up to date and that certificates and item history are available. All equipment requiring calibration is to be traceable to UKAS or NIST standards and assistance is to be given to all internal and external auditing teams.
- To control all test equipment maintenance tasks within the tracking system, ensuring that instrument status and maintenance history is up to date and that downtime (planned and unplanned) is being logged and presented correctly.
- To manage the calibration and repair of test equipment internally and externally, following calibration and repair instructions where required. Manage and control the calibration spend and keep all internal calibration specifications up to date.
- To represent the Manufacturing Systems Engineering Team in a professional and helpful manner at all times around the site. Work proactively to capture and address the future test equipment upgrade needs of the Production staff.
- To ensure that all customer owned equipment is maintained and controlled through the appropriate process and that the location of equipment is updated if it is moved.
- To follow written test procedures to determine the serviceability of product at general assembly and sub-assembly levels and fault find down to component level.
- Sound knowledge of electronic test principles and practices gained from hands on experience
- Familiar with the use of common range of electronics test & measurement equipment
- To read and interpret technical data including circuit diagrams (drawings and technical publications)
- To complete test documentation
- To document fault history logs for use by other technicians to assist in establishing cause of failure
Education, Skills and Qualifications
- City & Guilds or NVQ level 2 in Engineering or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline plus substantial experience in a similar test role
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer literate
- Methodical and analytical approach to work
- High levels of productivity
- Safety orientated
- Prepared to work additional hours as required to meet business needs