Temp to Perm
Our client who is contracted to provide responsive maintenance and void property works plus gas heating maintenance is recruiting a Scheduler are to ensure that the work received from clients and tenants are properly resourced by allocating the appropriate operatives and subcontractors using a work management system. You are responsible for planning this work into the future, as well as being able to react quickly to high priority works that require an immediate or urgent response.
You will also be responsible for the supervision of a small administration team to help undertake the scheduling and costing of works.
- To ensure that all works are efficiently and effectively resourced and managed from the point of receiving the order to the successful completion.
- Plan for future jobs and appointments whilst anticipating our capability to meet the demand through resourcing of operatives and sub-contractors.
- Contacting tenants and building users to book in works to ensure that we consistently meet contracted response times.
- Raising any concerns with the Contract Manager so that proactive plans are made.
- Allocating the right operatives, based on their skills, availability and locality to the jobs that are nearing completion to ensure we meet appointment times/response times and minimise travel and unproductive time.
- Ensure the Job Management Systems, and any other system(s) used to deliver the service, are updated in a timely and accurate way.
- Constantly monitor the appointment screens and statuses to identify potential issues before they happen to make the correct decisions to rectify and own the issue through to resolution pulling on the Supervisors or Contract Manager if required.
- Proactively manage operative annual leave and training requirements to ensure a consistent delivery of the service by having enough resource available
- Complete and provide job updates and performance data to clients as required, including monthly reporting.
- Collect and collate client/resident satisfaction feedback and report on trends and improvement ideas.
- Manage the complaints and recall processes.
- To be willing and able to participate in the out-of-hours escalation
- Be proficient and confident in your use and adaptability to a range of IT systems to include, but not limited to MS Office and our own bespoke job management system.
- Able to organise, prioritise and schedule jobs to meet appointments by planning into the future using the measures of the job management system, and able to organise staff and operative rotas/leave to meet appointment demand.
- Be confident and adaptable in your ability to be able to talk to clients, tenants, building users, operatives and subcontractors in quick succession.
- Comfortable in a changing and evolving environment demonstrating a level head to the team and enjoy the challenge.
- Be effective in communicating with your staff so that they understand what they need to do and why.
- Be a team player by understanding what it is to be a part of a team, sharing experiences and learning.
- Be able to self-manage and be self-motivated, prioritising work and have a desire to solve problems and eliminate waste.
- Be comfortable in dealing with all staff to motivate and direct them to assist you in improving the service.
- Understand customer service and can coach and supervise a team to provide a professional service in all circumstances.
- Basic knowledge of building maintenance trades and the tasks/activities that can be undertaken be each trade group.
- Good geographical understanding of the Woking area including main highways, the best routes, and travel times between different locations.
- GCSE or equivalent grade C or above in Maths and English.
- Relevant qualification in Business Administration or Customer Services (advantageous)
- Ideally have a full driving licence.
- Experience working in an Operations Centre of a Building Maintenance Contract.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £27,000 - £28,000 per annum
Benefits: 23 Days Holiday rising with length of service, Pension and Life Assurance