ISS Infrastructure & Support Administrator
£300 per day
6 Month Contract
This position combines a project and support role with daily operational requirements in the UK ISS team. For the UK ISS team this means working on sites leading the design and implementation of IT infrastructure with a strong focus on the production networks, systems and security. Candidates will need to be SC cleared before starting
- You will manage networks on UK sites in line with company standards
- You will manage servers and infrastructure components on UK networks
- You will work closely with our clients teams and external providers to deliver good performing technical platforms and services on EMEA sites
- You will coordinate or project manage technical projects
- You will ensure sites are aligned with standard company architecture and provide approved temporary solutions if needed
- You will ensure production infrastructure compliance with MSC
- You will prepare and lead logical audits on UK sites and manage or contribute to audits on other EMEA sites as needed
- You will deliver local technology projects on time and within budget
- You will recommend, design and deliver improvements to the network and systems to meet changing demands and new technology
- You will maintain a strict change control mechanism for all changes
- You will provide technical guidance and support to customer implementations.
- You will maintain up-to-date technical documentation on the network including: network topology/diagrams, back-up and restore procedures, security procedures, operation/support procedures
- You will manage and monitor subcontractors who are implementing changes affecting any network or systems.
- You will have travel within the UK
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have a strong track record in technical projects and support.
- You must have an understanding of systems administration, Server: Windows Server 2016, 2012/R2, 2008/R2, Virtualisation: MS Hyper-V, Hyper-V Manager, Replication, MS Failover Clustering.
- You must have experience of working in an international IT/IS organisation, a good understanding of business flows, knowledge and experience of WAN/VPN Management, Firewall Management (Cisco ASA / Juniper), strong knowledge of Active Directory, Networking: WAN/LAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, switch and VLAN configuration.
- You must have the following skills : Be an excellent communicator (written and verbal), business focussed, strong customer-service orientation, able to work without high supervision, reliable and dependable.
- SC Clearance and experience of Solar Winds is desirable.
- Our client would like someone to join their team who has ITIL Foundation, and holding Cisco CCENT / CCNA Certified would be advantageous.
- They are looking for someone with higher education (degree optional), a flexible approach to working hours and ideally you will hold existing security clearance or be able to gain clearance in line with the criteria.